In case you haven’t noticed, we have a thing for Mexican inspired food here at B&B. There is not a week that goes by that we don’t indulge in some form of enchilada, taco, or taquitos. Living in So Cal we are surrounded by some of the best Mexican food in the world, but it’s the recipes that we make at home that we love the most.
I have been making paprika roasted potatoes for quite some time now, but it wasn’t until recently that I discovered tossing my families favorite potatoes with my cilantro pesto. Talk about a match made in heaven! Slightly smokey potatoes that are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside with just the right amount of tangy cilantro pesto tossed in at the finish. Pure potato bliss!
These tender roasted potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to any Cinco de Mayo feast! Slightly smokey with a crisp skin and a tender inside – pure potato perfection!
- 1 pound small fingerling potatoes (I used Trader Joe’s Teeny Tiny Potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bow and stir until the potatoes are completley coated.
- Transfer the potatoes to teh prepared baking sheet and roast for 40-45 minutes until browned and tender.
- Serve as is or toss with cilantro pesto before serving.
This versatile cilantro pesto is great tossed with our paprika roasted potatoes, but it’s also amazing on pasta and grilled veggies.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 3 tablespoons lightly toasted pepitas
- 3 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the garlic, cilantro, and pepitas in a food processor fitted with the metal “s” blade.Pulse a few times to break everything up then with the processor running add the oil and lime juice. Process until smooth then season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with paprika roasted potatoes to serve.